Monday, March 7, 2011

Ode to my Tonsils

Haha, I thought of writing a good bye poem to my tonsils today, but then I thought- I will not give them one more iota of my time and energy;) they have taken enough of my that already.  But,  I really wish I had tough bitch today! I feel like a child... I am more scared and nervous than I thought I would be. Really nervous, like tummy in knots nervous.  I know, I know, it is a 'routine procedure' blah blah blah.  I get that.  I am not worried I won't make it through the surgery, or anything overly dramatic; I am just worried about having to check out of my life to recover.  I don't have time to miss work, next week is the last week of the quarter for school- I have to write two papers, and the list goes on and on.

I guess this is yet another nudge from whatever the fuck is out there that I must make time.  This is what I have to do to take care of myself, and sometimes taking care of myself takes time (actually, I suppose if I were to be totally honest-taking care of oneself ALWAYS takes time, which is probably why I avoid it like the mother fucking plague...) But, I hear ya universe, I'm doing it- I'm certainly not thrilled about it, but I am doing it.

I went to a meeting at a B&B little ways outside of Yellow Springs today... it was BEAUTIFUL!!! the most tranquil, quaint, out of the way restored log cabin on a bunch of acreage... that is the kind of 'taking care of myself' I want to do.  Made me think of the B&B's in Ireland...I could easily convince myself I was some where far far away at this cabin.  I want to dissapear there for a weekend! No phone. No computer. No work. No school.  No stupid tonsils. Just peace.  Oh well.  someday soon I will be swept off my feet, until then... I guess I will just have to settle for good drugs and ice chips;)

No comments:

Post a Comment